What are the procedures to get married in Miami?
  • Both must have valid driver's license or a certified copy of birth certificates.
  • Both must be 18 years or older. As of November 1, 2004, blood tests are no longer required.
  • Acquire a marriage license from the Ottawa County Courthouse.

The Ottawa County Courthouse (fee required) and Lavern's Chapel (fee required) are both open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Lavern's does not require prior reservations, as they operate on a first come, first serve basis; however, they do require arrival before 4:30 p.m. to receive service
for that day.
  • Ottawa County Courthouse, 102 E. Central, Miami, OK, 918-542-2801
  • Lavern's Wedding Chapel, 15 B St. SE, Miami, OK (across the street from the courthouse), 918 542-4806

Show All Answers

1. How do I get my utilities turned on?
2. Who do I contact to find out about my property assessment or the ad valorem taxes I will pay annually?
3. Is it legal to shoot off consumer fireworks in the City of Miami
4. How do I enroll my child in school?
5. How do I contact the Miami Police Department for non-emergency related calls?
6. How do I find out if I need a building / zoning permit for the improvements I am planning for my home / property?
7. What form of government does the City of Miami have?
8. When and where does the City Council meet?
9. Who is the city manager, and how do I reach them?
10. What are the procedures to get married in Miami?
11. How do I get a message on the City's electronic marquee on Main St.?