Global Crack Sealing has rescheduled to begin Monday, December 7th wet weather conditions may hinder the start date again. Contractors will close one lane at a time to allow traffic to continue through the areas but be prepared for short delays. Work scheduled for Main Street from Steve Owens to 1st Ave North will be performed one block at a time beginning at 9 pm.
The following streets were included in the 15/16 street program to be crack sealed and micro surfaced.
• 22nd Ave N.W. From Main to H street N.W.
• Elm Street from Steve Owens Blvd to Chris Lane
• Rockdale Blvd from New Bridge to 69A
• Central from Main East to Elm Street
• H Street N.W. from 4th to 9th
• West BJ Tunnel From Main to R.R. Tracks
• B Street N.W. from 12th to East B.J. Tunnel
• Main Street from Steve Owens to 1st Ave N.E.
• Goodrich Blvd. from Main to P street
Crack sealing can reduce pavement deterioration by restricting water penetration into underlying base and subbase layers. Simply stated, sealing cracks and joints in pavements extends the service life of the surface treatment and the pavement. The benefits are realized in three to five years when it becomes obvious that the pavement has not deteriorated. Crack sealing prior to micro surfacing enhances the treatment and further extends the pavement life. Micro surfacing is scheduled for this spring.